Today, the first day ... train of thought came to a screeching halt as I'm on hold with the GAP and Bing Crosby just started singing White Christmas to me. It's November 1st right? ... Okay back to being thankful. On this first day of Giving Thanks I am thankful for the day I met the only person on the planet made just for me :)
So much has happened in the past 6 years. It makes me smile to think back to when it all began. I would leave work each night and find my car mysteriously cleared of all the snow.
Once the mystery was no longer a mystery we moved on to our first date, followed my a million more dates. Movies, heart shaped pizza, walks around the park, more movies, and long chats at bench on the river watching the fountains at night.
Turns out we complimented one another quite perfectly. So we bought a cute little house in the suburbs and began planning for our future. Fast forward to the party of the century! Oh and we also got married that day :)
Four animals, travel adventures, Illness, Arizona Ironman, 4 years of infertility struggles, working opposite shifts and taking turns in school, we are stronger than we've ever been. We love daily, laugh often and have our whole lives ahead of us with parenthood hopefully on the horizon! So today I am thankful for my best friend, my Ironman, my scholar, my comedian, my prince charming, my shoulder to cry on, my partner for life, my husband.
What will I be thankful for tomorrow? Stay tuned to find out!




No comments:
Post a Comment