I have also learned a few important lessons from Lupron as well.
1. DO NOT believe everything you read on Google. In fact it might be in your best interests to never Google anything medically related. If Google was correct here I was going to suddenly be an obese, acne covered, hot flashing, night sweating, migraine plagued, short term memory-less pile of misery. Thank God Google had it wrong this time. Other than the two hot flashes I experienced in the past 4 months I have been very fortunate where side effects are concerned. The memory loss on the other hand is a true story. Everything worth remembering without multiple reminders from friends and family needs to be written down. My house and office are beginning to look like this lol. Not to worry, this will subside once the injections are over.
My short term memory has definitely been the subject of many a jokes these past few months. In fact I'm pretty sure my coworkers are claiming to have asked or told me things that never actually happened just to continue to make me think I'm losing it. Oh how I <3 them lol.
2. I went from being a shot wuss to the IM SHOT NINJA. Yep the screaming, yelling, temper tantrum throwing child from my Trypanophobic post is no longer. Oh, you want to stab me in the backside with a 22 gauge needle? No big deal, I got this. And either the nurses have gotten better or my backside has toughened up because I am no longer experiencing any discomfort past 48 hours. Over all no complaints :) Except maybe, where's my sticker for being brave??


No comments:
Post a Comment