Now why do I love Fridays? Let me count the ways ...
I am thankful for Fridays because they are denim days at work.
This is one less stressor in my morning routine. I can grab a pair of jeans, a sweater and hit the road. It is much easier to sit like a pretzel in your office chair while wearing jeans than in dress pants. They tend to take the abuse better, meaning ... I can stand up not looking like I slept in them the past 4 nights. I don't know what it is but I just can't seem to sit like a normal person in a chair, ever. I drive with my left shoe off and my leg tucked up under my right with the excuse it keeps my foot warm, or that if I get broad sided I won't lose my leg when really I'm just weird.
Friday is also the one day of the work week where I don't get urked hearing Rihanna's Cheers to the Freakin' Weekend during my commute. Is there any good reason to play this song on say a Tuesday morning??
Friday is also a fantastic day at work because it means a FISH pond drawing.
Oh you don't know what the FISH pond is because you work isn't as awesome as mine? Bummer dude. When someone at work makes your day you get to nominate them which puts both of your names in the pond. Then on Fridays we pick two winners to receive $10 gift cards of their choice. The rest of us in the pond get to pick a prize from the table and since I do the prize shopping there are always awesome gifts :)
Now I know I mentioned the Wisconsin fish fry tradition above but we do things a little differently on Fridays. We have a standing date with my in-laws where we roll VIP style at the local Chili's.
There are seriously some of the best people working there. They love us and we love them. You truly haven't lived until you have had Randy sing his rendition of Happy Birthday to you. Don't believe me? Head on over and tell him Don and Amanda sent you. On that note I am going to enjoy some Whole30 special order food with both my family and my Chili's family. TGIF to all of you and more to be thankful for tomorrow, stay tuned!




No comments:
Post a Comment