Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I think I'm seeing Crooked

Every nursery project always starts with the best of intentions and it usually helps when they aren't done in the middle of the night with Blue Moon beer.  While we don't drink much, in our defense we needed to celebrate the blue moon (August 31st) with Blue Moon!  So two soon to be parents, one rather large wall decal and a six pack of beer later we were embarking on our most comical nursery adventure yet. 
The large wall decal came in 3 pieces.  The hind legs and tail were a piece, the body and front legs were a piece and the neck and head were a piece.  Starting with the hind leg piece was, in hindsight, our first mistake.  Don, "The feet look like they aren't level."  Me, "They aren't level on the decal but I think they are going to be fine."  Cue first attempt pic:
Don, "He look a little crooked to you?"  Me, "No he's just standing on his hind legs"  After about five minutes of silence ... Me, "You're right its crooked and looks terrible."
Bring on attempt number two.  We still started with the hind legs not yet realizing this was the problem.  Cue second attempt pic:
Me, "Did that get better or worse than the last attempt?!" Don, "I think I'm seeing crooked at this point."  On to attempt number three where we still have not figured out the secret to a level giraffe.  So we replace all the pieces, hold our breath and stand back.  Cue third attempt pic:
Don, "So, what do you think?" Me, "I don't know what do you think?" After another five minutes of silence ... Me, "Well I think its closer, no?" Don, "Still crooked, time to try again."
And we both just laughed and laughed and laughed.  How are we ever going to get this right?!  And in that moment the light bulb went off.  Why don't we try starting with the center section and then see where the head ends up positioned and add the tail last.  So that is what we did and cue fourth attempt pic:
I have to say that we LOVE the final result and we think it makes our nursery unique.  If you had trouble following our crooked journey let me put it into perspective so you can laugh at us as well.  Oh and if you have a decal you need placed on your wall, we are not your guys lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment