Today I am thankful for Books. I loved reading and being read to as a child. The characters were always real and the stories never actually ended. This was the first book I could "read" because it had been read to me enough times for me to memorize it, including the page turn pauses :)
I have so many amazing childhood favorites that it will be hard to decide what to read to our child first! The characters show you what it means to have a friend. They stress the importance of please, thank you and even I'm sorry.
Books can help you learn hard life lessons in the safety and security of your own home (or often times in my case, my parent's laps)
And in those moments where you are convinced your parent's know nothing and your only option is to run away where the grass is always greener, they can show you how lucky you really are.
Of course lets not forget the Holiday traditions that books can inspire. It wouldn't be Christmas for our children without this one.
I am so so so thankful for books! I am also thankful that my parents saved my favorites all these years. I have the originals to read to my babies :) They will be read to often. They will know the heroes and heroines, the bullies and bad guys, the princes and princesses and everyone in between.
We would love for you to leave us a quick note with your childhood favorite. That way we can be sure to add it to baby C's growing library!

Have you seen my mother? Go dog go. The giving tree. Those were some good ones :)
ReplyDelete