My sister was nice enough to come stay with our pups so we could leave Friday after work. We got up there pretty late and decided to stay in and watch TV until we fell asleep. Unbeknownst to my dear husband, I had BIG plans the following day :) I woke him up bright and early to go ... outlet shopping! :D I am all about saving big and what better way than to outlet mall shop. I found a few good deals for myself, bought hubby some winter running gloves, and of course baby got a few things as well. How could I resist?!
Oh and we also had to buy baby C another one of these little guys.
Why another one you ask? Well because this is what happened to the one Auntie Meghan gave us ...
What would we do without Bella.
Back to our mini-vaca. We took a break from shopping to have some lunch and check out a few other indoor attractions. We stopped at the movie theater and I think it was the first time for both of us that we ended up not finding a movie worth seeing and walked out. But who needs a movie when you can go bowling?!
This was a sobering experience for me. I am a HORRIBLE bowler. No really. The highlight was the ball coming loose from my thumb and flying back toward hubby instead of the pins. We laughed for a good ten minutes on that one. But with a little coaching I showed some improvement, doubling my score by the second game.
Now that my arm, shoulder and elbow were aching it was time to change and head over to the casino. This was super fun as I had never been before. We started with the buffet and since it was all you can eat steamed crab leg night I was able to stick to my Whole30 diet plan! Then we hit the slots and to make a long story short, Ho Chunk 1, Amanda 0. :(
We got up early Sunday to head back home to watch the Packer game and see our animals. We missed our girls and according to their auntie Wole, they missed us!
Knowing it would be a busy weekend I took off today and decided to use the Spa gift certificate from my hubby to pamper myself. Two luxurious hours later and some pretty polish I was a new woman.
Now to spend the rest of the evening watching the Super-storm coverage on the weather channel or try my hand at surfing on Lake Michigan?



No comments:
Post a Comment