Today I am thankful for my faith in the lord and the moments that I believe he speaks to me without actually saying a word. Some call them coincidences, others will say it's the result of wishful thinking but I prefer to believe it is God showing me that he has me in his heart always.
It's funny that when we decide it's time to stop trying so hard to make OUR adoption plan work and instead pray about our future family and be open to GOD's adoption plan, things begin to happen.
I'm sure many of you were confused about our decision to break things off with our agency before having a replacement in the wings. We too knew that this was unfortunate timing and would almost certainly result is us spending another holiday season as empty nesters longing for a family, but for some reason, deep down it still felt right. We (and when I say we I mostly mean I) are planners and for once we didn't have a plan in place. For now we were leaving it up to God. We have said from the beginning that this journey isn't about finding a baby quickly it's about finding the right baby and birth mother. We genuinely want a lasting relationship with our birth mother (should she feel comfortable) because we believe this is in our future child's best interest. So finding the right match is so important. This brings me to our signs.
On Monday I made the oh so enjoyable trip back to my doctor's office for the monthly stab in the arse. I'm not sure if I am getting used to it or the nurse has found my 'sweet spot for shots' (so to say) because I hardly felt it and no discomfort after the fact! Since we are approaching the end of my Lupron paradise we sat down this time to discuss my options going forward. So she gives me the whole option low down and then drops the bomb. Wait for it ... "If you are interested I may have a potential birth mother for you." HOLY SH*T ... Can you repeat that? ... or pinch me? Heck, punch me in the freaking face to make sure I am awake right now. Yup ... that just happened. Now this is not the first lead we have gotten and the rest did not pan out so we are being cautiously optimistic however it is my firm belief that on Monday, November 26th 2012 God spoke to me.
While I only heard my doctor's words I've always imagined God to have a good sense of humor so he probably said something along the lines of "See what happens when you let go and let me handle it?"
If you know me at all you know I can be incredibly stubborn and do everything myself (by choice) because I am a slight obsessive compulsive control freak. Not my most endearing quality but it has .provided countless hours of entertainment for those around me :) You know, I do what I can :) Now this sign seemed pretty straight forward but after the feelings the agency left us with we were still a little guarded and uncertain. Did God get frustrated and give up on us? Of course not, God is way awesomer than that. (Yea I said awesomer) Instead he rented a gigantic flashing billboard and placed it right in front of our faces. So big in fact that I could read it clearly without my glasses or contacts. Impressive right? Curious about said billboard? I am at work Tuesday and I get an email from hubby that says there is an adoption agency using the community room at his work tonight should he stop in and get information? Doesn't get more clear than that. It was like that commercial with the giant green arrow and all you need to do is follow it. I chuckled a little and said "okay, okay I get it now. I am sorry for not being patient and trusting in you from the start."
Today I am thankful for God. His patience and love are unlike anything else I have ever, or will ever experience. I am one lucky child of God. <3



No comments:
Post a Comment