Today I am thankful for my baby sister Lauren Kay (Wole). Being her big sister has been the best job I could ever have asked for. She is my baby sister and best friend all rolled into one. We were pretty much inseparable from the start.
I mean check out this baby ... I know adults who would kill to have hair half this fabulous and she had it practically from birth! What's not to love?
Being that we are eleven years apart she had the perks of experiencing a few things early ... like getting ready for Junior prom :)
And she never missed a football game cheering on her big sister as I cheered on the team. And this wasn't just because she was too little to be left at home. Clearly she enjoyed it right?
When I went away to college she was a little lost but she came to visit me and stay overnight in the dorms. Man I wish I had a sister that was 11 years older than me. You get to do all kinds of cool things.
When I came home from college it was like we had never been apart. We talked on the phone constantly and since I had my own place it was pretty cool to hang out on the weekends doing highly productive things like taking silly pictures of ourselves.
Just because we are getting older doesn't mean we have to actually act like grown ups. For the record that is chocolate frosting ... I swear.
To this day we watch girlie movies and GH, eat junky foods, talk about boys, complain about grown up things like jobs and bills, challenge one another to competitions (I think my jump wins) ...
... cry when life hands us lemons, act like goons to turn those frowns upside down, and always always hug it out.
I love her to pieces and cannot imagine my life without her. Happy Birthday baby sis, here's to another 19 years of the best friendship a girl could ask for!
PS - I love you the most


No comments:
Post a Comment