Monday, November 26, 2012

Easy Button

Today I am thankful for the conveniences in life.  Far too many things are taken for granted on a daily basis. 
I am thankful for the washer and dryer that kept up like champs during my Laundry-a-thon this weekend.  I have discovered that I am really good at getting our dirty clothes washed and dried but not that great at folding and putting them away.  The 5 baskets of clean laundry that were staring me in the face Sunday morning are a testament to that.  And I haven’t even begun to wash all of the clothes we have for baby C lol. Perhaps another New Years resolution?
I’m also thankful for my vacuum cleaner and all of its pet hair attachments.  Have you tried keeping up with hardwood floors when you live in a zoo?  God Bless my Shark.  I use that thing daily.  No really I do vacuum every single day.  There is nothing worse than tumble Cassie and Bellas blowing down the hall as you walk by.
 
My dishwasher is another reason for giving thanks.  While I don’t use it as often as one would think, I found myself being especially thankful for it as I overheard my cashier at Wal-Mart saying that’s all she wanted for Christmas this year.  When we just can’t stand hunched over the sink any longer or when you need to clear off the counter and clean up a mess in a hurry boy is that thing handy.  And wouldn’t you know it, the washing noise lulls by furry babies right to sleep. 
 (Not our dog but hilarious)
Now I’m taking it back to the basics and being thankful for indoor plumbing.  I really take this for granted until something somewhere gets clogged and I find myself brushing my teeth in the kitchen or washing my face hunched over the tub lol. 
We are so blessed to have clean running water and multiple sinks/toilets.  And while I’m being thankful for clean water I need to add my water cooler to the list.  I was the worst when I came to staying hydrated.  Mostly because tap water always tasted funny.  Remind you of anyone??
I could totally relate when she kept telling her dad it tastes contaminated.  It wasn't until I started my new job and began drinking from the water cooler that I discovered water I loved to drink! Surprisingly, a water service is not that expensive!  We got ours for the same we were spending buying bottled water while doing our part to cut back on plastic bottles and save the environment!  Plus this will be extremely handy for bottles when baby C arrives.  Oh and did I mention that this is where all the gossip goes down in our house?
I'm only kidding but they do say the water cooler is the best place to catch up on the kind of worldly events US Weekly writes about.  I could go on and on with things like heat and electricity  but you get the idea.  I am thankful for every little thing that makes my life easier.   What is it that you take for granted but could not live without??

No comments:

Post a Comment