Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Turns out I'm allergic to Infertility

I normally don't get my prescriptions filled at Walgreens because Target is more convenient however in the midst of a dental emergency I desperately needed a compounding pharmacy.  This week started out with a dreaded trip to the dentist.  Of course I haven't been for my yearly cleanings because the dentist terrifies me.  No really I am a HUGE chicken.  So naturally I wait until I have a toothache to go because that would be the least traumatic type of visit.  And just my luck it's a tiny molar cavity that's right on the gum line. So the very nice dentist who fit me in last minute tells me it will require a crown.  Both awesome and expensive.  Well to make a long story short I am actually in more pain now than the original toothache due to some gum irritation.  Solution?  Magic Mouthwash!  I mean my new best friend.  Really if you've never had this stuff I cannot explain its awesomeness.  Well if you've never had it that means you've never had horrific mouth pain so maybe I'm still more jealous of you than the other way around.  Anyway ... I get the prescription filled and due to a problem with insurance coverage I actually stopped to read the pamphlet.  I can honestly say I have never in my life seen it referred to this way before ...

Nope, do not adjust your computer screen.  That actually says Patient Allergies: Female Infertility.  It gave me a good laugh.  I guess that would make Benadryl the new Clomid.  Go Walgreens!

Speaking of infertility ... why not end the week the same way it began, with what I hope to be my final endometriosis laparoscopy.  In a second attempt to make you jealous check out the little gift pack.  Clear liquid diet with a side of Magnesium Citrate and sensitive skin band aids.  Feeling pretty blessed :P

I am going to be one cranky hungry lady tomorrow.  Might have to convince hubby to swing by an all you can eat buffet on the way home from the hospital Friday.  And then I get to plant myself in front of the TV to watch all of the Olympic opening ceremony events.  Just looking for the silver lining.  Please keep us in your prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.  Looking forward to putting endometriosis behind me and concentrating on the munchkin that awaits.  Thank you for continuing to share our blog.  We have officially reached both coasts!  I know there is a baby out there created by God just for us and with your help we will find him or her. 
God Bless!




1 comment:

  1. I should check my walgreen stuff to see if I have the same allergie written down haha :)

    ReplyDelete