Our dog sitter, who also happens to be our neighbor, went out of town with her family on a little vacation this week. So now we are guinea pig sitting for our dog sitter. I came home from work and immediately let my pups out since without Anna they are crossing their little doggy legs :) I then headed out the front door to walk up the block and check on Pepper. I crossed our lawn and took two steps on the sidewalk and almost stepped directly on it. I stumbled to avoid it as my eyes hadn't focused enough to make out what it was. There you have it ... my sign :)
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
My Sign
Sometimes you need to learn the hard way that despite all your best efforts, all the kicking and screaming even protesting, you are not in control of your life. There is always a bigger picture and larger power in control. It took us a long time to realize that God was pulling all of the strings and we just needed to stop fighting it and start being open to the possibilities. Even when you decide to let go and let God there is that small, control freak, part of you that needs a sign. A sign that you are doing God's will and that everything is going to work out. Today I got a sign.
Our dog sitter, who also happens to be our neighbor, went out of town with her family on a little vacation this week. So now we are guinea pig sitting for our dog sitter. I came home from work and immediately let my pups out since without Anna they are crossing their little doggy legs :) I then headed out the front door to walk up the block and check on Pepper. I crossed our lawn and took two steps on the sidewalk and almost stepped directly on it. I stumbled to avoid it as my eyes hadn't focused enough to make out what it was. There you have it ... my sign :)
God telling me that there is a beautiful unborn baby out there just waiting to be our son or daughter. Clearly no hint on the gender as this little guy is green and yellow but there's no being greedy now. As sign is a sign and I will take it. Now that I have had my moment ... Attention neighbors: if you walked your child around our block today and are missing your pacifier it is currently in front of my house.
Our dog sitter, who also happens to be our neighbor, went out of town with her family on a little vacation this week. So now we are guinea pig sitting for our dog sitter. I came home from work and immediately let my pups out since without Anna they are crossing their little doggy legs :) I then headed out the front door to walk up the block and check on Pepper. I crossed our lawn and took two steps on the sidewalk and almost stepped directly on it. I stumbled to avoid it as my eyes hadn't focused enough to make out what it was. There you have it ... my sign :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment