Sunday, July 15, 2012

Blessed and then some

I must begin by saying the response to my plea for help has been overwhelming.  You all are truly amazing and I am beyond blessed.  While it has not resulted in any potential matches just yet I know in my heart it is only a matter of time.  I cannot thank you enough, God is so good.

Now the big day update!  Our last meeting was short, sweet and to the point.  We were in and out in less than 30 minutes and now we wait :)  So to celebrate this victory my fantastic husband suggested we do something I have been waiting to be able to do for as long as I can remember.  I bet all you new mamas know what these mean ... eeeek!


We registered for a baby today because we are really going to be blessed with a baby!  It felt really good to get out of the house and there is a lot to be said for the power of positive thinking.  We have our eyes on the prize and know in our hearts that the good Lord will deliver our miracle.  Look what he has done for us already!  I prayed for people to spread the word of our adoption and God delivered.  We had record hits on the blog.  We are so blessed and so thankful. 
Now for those of you asking the practical questions like "how can they register if they haven't matched and don't know if the birth mother is having a boy or girl?"  My answer to that is easy.  We always wanted a large family and never wanted to know the sex of our unborn child (biological or adopted).  We always planned to register for everything neutral as it was our sincere hope the nursery and baby gear would get plenty of use.  And that could still happen.  Courtesy of my mother in law I am reading a very inspiring book by Dr. Ray Guarendi who adopted 10 children!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves lol.  We are content starting with one, or maybe two should we be so blessed.  Anyway, I am sure the registries are not complete but it's a great start!  And while we were registering we came across this and couldn't resist.  Baby now has a 'home from the hospital' outfit that is pretty fitting if you ask us.
If you haven't noticed, we have a bit of a giraffe theme going :)

Before I sign off to continue enjoying our Sunday funday with pizza on the grill I want to be sure and thank all of you one more time for your continued support.  Please know it warms my heart beyond what words can express here to see my family and friends reposting this link on their Facebook pages and emailing it to friends.  You are amazing, God has heard our prayers and we have been blessed tenfold.  Much Love, future mama and papa.

One last thing for all the mama's (and papa's) out there.  If you feel so inclined I would love for you to help us out by leaving a comment with your recommendations on must have baby items or even things we would be better off doing without.  I mean we are the new kids on the block ;)




4 comments:

  1. Melanie Vander MolenJuly 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM

    ok, here are some of the must haves from a newbie herself. Some swaddling blankets, or the swaddlers themselves,they work wonders the first couple of months. Makes them feel like they are still inside the womb. A sound machine, I have the Graco one. It plays about 15 sounds in addition to an ipod hookup so you can play your own music if you want. Also an Itzbeen, this little contraption can remind you of when they ate, slept, had poopy diapers, etc. I also love the Baby Bjorn carrier. I oculd go on and on, but these things will get you started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of our kids have loved the aquarium that clips onto the crib. Someone recommended it to us when we were pregnant with Maddie. They all have loved it so much that when we travel it comes with us. I could also not live without a food processor and steamer to make their own baby food, if you plan on doing that. I'll ask James if he has other suggestions as well. I'll keep thinking on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom gave me a newborn boppy lounger, Alexis loved it! It was nice when she was so little. Also, we use cloth diapers but I've learned people either love it, or hate it =). I have to agree w the food processor it was super nice to use for making her food. Idk what you are doing after your leave if you are returning to work or not, but if you have any questions about what to look for in a Good/bad daycare let me know, I've worked in a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the wonderful tips! Keep them coming ladies :)

    ReplyDelete