We had been putting off the fingerprint process of the adoption mainly because we are on opposite shifts and really wanted to go together. So what better way to spend a Friday date night than in holding at the villiage police department. To be fair we did start the evening out with some authentic Mexican dining. A real treat for us.
We get to the police department and check in with dispatch. Shortly after we meet a very friendly officer who escorts us down the hall into the elevator. We go to the basement level where we follow him into booking. I was fascinated! Having never been in any real trouble in my life the closest I have been to an actual jail cell was Cell Block 6 courtesy of Discover Channel. Turns out all ten cells were vacant which I found to be rather impressive for late on a Friday night. Guess things really are nice and boring around here :). Once I got over my amazement and finished wandering through every cell I was once again fascinated by the fact that fingerprinting using ink is a thing of the past. Who knew?! He just pressed my finger tips onto a wet sponge and digitally captured each print! They then stuck the cards our agency provided into their printer and there you have it! Everyone was super nice and accomodating. It was quite the adventure. I really wanted to ask for a picture behind the mug shot prisoner number down there but figured I shouldn't press my luck. We want them to see we are taking this seriously but come on ... admit that would have made for a GREAT scrap book picture. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment