Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bigger than baby

It’s weird … I think that maybe God’s plan for our family didn’t have anything to do with adoption this time.
I think he put this failed birth mother connection into our lives for a reason so much greater than the baby boy she is carrying.
It brought up some tough questions and sparked some really important and insightful conversations.  
It forced us to examine our current faith practices and our relationship with God individually as well as in our marriage.
It made us stronger together.  It brought out the ugly and it turns out we love each other not in spite of but because of our ugly.
It turns out we have the strength to move forward together … and we have. 
I firmly believe God puts everyone in your life for a reason and that includes my husband.  He was meant for me and never for one second have I questioned that.
He was my gift from God.  A gift that I don’t want to know where I would be without.
We were not raised in the same faith and that we cannot change nor would I want to.  The faith in which we were brought up made us who we are today.
Perfectly compatible, compassionate, Godly individuals.  But for the sake of our future family we did need to make a choice on how we wanted to raise our children.
Thank you to God for bringing our almost birth mother into our lives because now we have a clear direction on that.
We are a united front embarking on a new spiritual journey (new for one and old for another) and it’s really exciting J 

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love! He has you on just the path He wants for you - so so so glad you are finding HIM and hearing HIS voice in all this and seeing in the midst of the rain that sometimes, the rainbows are right there in front of you;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think having the same spiritual beliefs is so important in a marriage and in raising a family. Your faith is what your family is built on. It's how you make the hard decisions in life (the easy ones, too). HE has a plan for you. HE knows who your baby is. And, HE knows when you will meet your baby. Just keep having faith in HIM and know that HIS plan is the perfect plan. I pray for your strength during this difficult, but rewarding endeavor.

    ReplyDelete