Saturday, May 25, 2013

Our life the Comic Strip

Poop ... its not just for parents of 2 legged babies ...
I woke up early this morning, showered and had the intentions to run all my errands before noon.   Hubby was still sleeping so I thought it might be nice if I took the girls with me to the bank.  We headed out and they did a quick #1 before hopping into the back of the Xterra to head to the bank.  I had my deposit precounted, slip already filled out and everything in a baggie so this should be a piece of cake.  I rolled down the back windows and we were off for our 5 block adventure, round trip.  They were very well behaved in the car as always and charmed everyone in the bank drive thru.  The sweet teller sent them a treat with my receipt and we were headed back home. 
We got home and I waited with them in the backyard while they each did a number two.  I was apparently too busy watching Bella when I should have been watching Cassie ... as I was about to find out.  Really there is nothing more humbling than standing downwind while your dog does their business.
Everyone was done and we headed in through the sun room when I noticed Cassie was ... ahem ... a mess in the back.  Great.  Here I thought I was doing hubby a favor by letting him sleep in and now I was yelling quite loudly for him to meet me in the sun room with the baby wipes. 
Remember when I said there was nothing more humbling than standing down wind?  Scratch that ... wiping your pup's behind is more humbling.  Maybe a better H word would be humiliating for us both I imagine.
Just when we both thought we had conquered the poop for the day we look down and there are poopy puppy prints all over.  It was officially the equivalent of a baby up the back blowout.
(no I didn't grab my camera but imagine this ... black lab and all)
Yep she did an incomplete poopy, pranced all over it and came in the house to show us her version of natural art.  This kind of stuff happens to people other than just us right?

No comments:

Post a Comment