Friday, May 24, 2013

Heart of Gold

While this story does not appear that it is going to have a happy ending I do need to give a shout out to our almost birth mom who shall remain nameless to protect her identity.

She must have been following our story either via Facebook or this blog and she reached out by email to express how sorry she was for breaking our hearts.

She said she had been thinking of us often and felt absolutely terrible about backing out.  While it wasn’t the “I’ve changed my mind” email I was so desperately hoping for it was good.  It was the beginning of a long healing process.  It shows that we were right to have chosen her because she has a good heart.   I hope the family she chose appreciates the incredible gift she is giving them and that they spend every day making sure they are the most amazing gift to her son.  She deserves a happy ending even if we are not directly a part of it.

Thank you for trying to help heal our hearts J

No comments:

Post a Comment