Sunday, May 19, 2013

A BIG week

Today marks the end of a BIG week that I have been waiting to share with our faithful followers.  On Monday we received a birth mother lead.  Yep ... we almost couldn't believe it either.  We had a scheduled meeting today and this is how the day went ...
I woke up early, showered and then nudged hubby out of bed because we needed to run an errand before our meeting today.  Already feeling pretty emotional we got to the store and I was waiting for hubby to finish looking around when I noticed a very particular song playing at the store.
When we first started dating ... like forever ago lol ... it was apparently still acceptable to exchange mixed CDs (pretty sure I just aged us here) and this song was on the CD.  I briefly thought to myself that perhaps God was choosing this moment to speak to me and assure me that his will is being done so I can just relax from here on out.  Then ... the song repeated.  I swear.  My husband and I looked at each other in disbelief.  Our song was playing twice in a row!  Now we knew for sure that no matter the outcome God was going to protect our hearts and all we had to do was be ourselves.
At this point we were headed for checkout and this is the very next song that played.
We are big Michael Buble fans but I can honestly day before today I never took the time to really listen to the lyrics.  I listened today and the tears began steaming down my face.  So much so I had to give the money to hubby as I was embarrassed to pay the cashier in my current condition.
We went home feeling confident and knowing that things have always been out of our hands so all we can do is put it all out there and hope it's everything she's looking for.
The meeting went well and now we wait.  Of course we hope this is it and our family will be growing by two feet but if it's not we are going to be okay.
In the meantime if I could ask you to pray for us and for guidance to the expectant parents that they find comfort in this difficult time. It would be so appreciated.  <3  Don and Amanda

Lyrics:
Didn't they always say we were the lucky ones.
I guess that we were once, babe, we were once,
but luck will leave you cursed, it is a faithless friend,
and in the end, when life has got you down,
you've got someone here that you can wrap your arms around.

So hold on to me tight,
hold on to me tonight.
We are stronger here together,
than we could ever be alone.
So hold on to me,
don't you ever let me go.

There's a thousand ways for things to fall apart,
but it's no ones fault, no it's not our fault.
Maybe all the plans we made might not work out,
but I have no doubt, even though it's hard to see.
I've got faith in us, and I believe in you and me.

So hold on to me tight.
Hold on, I promise it will be alright.
Cuz it's you and me together,
and baby all we've got is time.
So hold on to me,
hold on to me tonight.

There's so many dreams that we have given up.
Take a look at all we've got,
and with this kind of love,
what we've got here is enough.

So hold on to me tight.
Hold on, I promise it will be alright.
Cuz we are stronger here together,
than we could ever be alone.
Just hold on to me,
don't you ever let me go.
Hold on to me, it's gonna be alright.
Hold on to me tonight.

They always say, we were the lucky ones.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your birth mother lead! Prayers for you :)

    ReplyDelete