Saturday, July 5, 2014

Vacation turned staycation

Hubby has the whole week off so we decided to plan a little getaway to the water park capital of the world! Lucas loves water so we were so excited to see how he would react. 
As you can see we started out super excited!
We picked up our last milk donation before heading out of town and daddy noticed a runny nose. Probably teeth we said. 
We got to the hotel and enjoyed the pool before heading out to dinner. He was having a blast. 
Then came the fever and completely sleepless night :(
And the boogies were plentiful the next morning. We opted out of any water activities and chose the wildlife park instead. 
He loved the animals and was even able to nap in the carrier. And mommy got to check something enormous off her bucket list. 
I cannot even tell you how long I waited for this moment and how insanely amazing it was. 
I could have spent a week standing right there with my new friends Bert and Ernie
But they were able to persuade me to leave by mentioning the nursery buildings full of baby animals. 
Does it get cuter?
Eeeek. Love!
When the rain put an end to the park we discovered he loves tacos! Minus the cheese of course. 
And we thought we were in for the night when his fever spiked at nearly 104 and we decided we better head home. 
It stormed nearly all the way home and then suddenly we had a double rainbow!!
Thankfully he slept the whole ride and was thrilled to be back in his bed. 
I know I talk about my hippy dippy ways a lot but honestly essential oils are where it's at. When we got home his fever was high after alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen and he had this awful cough and rasp. We were ready to take him to Children's ER. Instead I filled his cool mist humidifier with water and Thieves and Eucalyptus oil and added some Eucalyptus to his bed sheet. By morning his fever was gone and his cough and breathing was normal! I was a tad worried the doctor would think we made it up. 
We took him in and he had a double ear infection and croup. Some antibiotics, mommy snuggles and a swift trip to the chiropractor and he's on the mend!
He even went for a run with daddy! 
Now we are enjoying the rest of Daddy's time off at home doing things like building towers and playing Luke-Zilla
Boom
Hope everyone is enjoying their Summer so far! 


No comments:

Post a Comment