Friday, July 18, 2014

Do you want to build a snowman?

Part of getting through a devastating loss is having a plan that moves you forward.
God closed a pretty big door for us back in March when he revealed that Libby would not be our daughter so I went searching for that open window. I had to. I had to have something to bring me back to life and help me to have hope and know that adoption is in fact still beautiful.
So naturally I knocked on my OBGYN's door and burst into song "Do you want to build a snowman?"
Kidding. Well kind of.
I actually called and asked if our frozen donor embryos were still available.
And they were!!
Two weeks later I started on a Lupron protocol and we had a projected July transfer date.
Woot woot! We were going to build two snowmen 🎶
Sorry. Back to being serious.
The first Lupron shot went pretty much as planned. The usual fun side effects but I had my eyes on the prize and decided they were tolerable. This was how it was meant to be I just knew it.
Then my dear Aunt Flow showed up and that is NOT supposed to happen on Lupron. So we did a little blood work and sure enough. My body was not responding to the medication at all. Super!
We decided to wait out the next cycle until the Lupron wore off and go right into the transfer protocol.
So what happens at the end of the cycle? Freaking Auntie Flow goes all MIA. Yep. The only time since making her first appearance has she ever missed her curtain call. Unreal.
My team of stellar REs put their heads together for an alternative protocol and seemed unphased.
I however was starting to feel uneasy as this is a near carbon copy of how our failed IVF began.  I needed time to think.
That next morning I woke up to the most unexpected email of my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment