Friday, July 18, 2014

That's funny, wasn't he pointing the other way?

I won't lie. When I read the message my heart skipped a beat. I mean how could it not?
Then came the harsh dose of reality. It was a connection but most connections never amount to anything right? I mean is it okay to get excited? To feel hopeful? And what about our transfer? 
No one knew we had plans to transfer our little snowflakes. We felt like everyone had just grieved the loss of Libby with us and was it fair to get their hopes up for a transfer that may not take? And how much pressure would I feel knowing everyone was counting on my body to make it work? 
So now what? Was this a sign? Could we put our hearts out there again after Courtney? 
Wouldn't a failed transfer be just as heartbreaking?!
Okay who are we kidding? Of course I said she could contact me. Have I learned nothing from this journey? Everyone comes into your life for a reason. Maybe she is meant to be our birth mother and help us expand our family. Or maybe I'm just meant to be her friend and advocate during this challenging journey. 
Either way we were about to find out ...

No comments:

Post a Comment