Up until this point we have been SO blessed with donors coming forward that I haven't really had to ask! I know it seems crazy but people are just so amazing.
That being said I took one look at our tiny remaining stash and knew it was time to ask. And actually I think 'plead' is probably a more accurate term. This was our son's lifeline and for the first time I felt like I had no control over being able to provide for him. I immediately turned to God praying that somehow we would find enough mommies out there to keep our son thriving.
The thing about God is he always answers your prayers just not always in the way you might think.
To Riven, the tiny angel that is feeding our son;
While your stay here on Earth was all too short and we never met face to face
Your legacy will live on through your mother's gentle grace
For months she loved and nurtured you through a very difficult fight
And now that milk she made for you has saved us from our plight
It is often said when taken too soon angels leave hand prints on our heart
Through you God has left so much more I'm not sure where to start
To thank your mom seems not enough as our thank yous have no end
When you see him will you please tell the Lord our gratitude we send
Each night as we put Luke to bed a special prayer we say
And now we must thank Riven too for helping Luke thrive another day
Inside my heart your family will forever have a special spot
For you are inside this sweet sweet boy and forget you we will not.

No comments:
Post a Comment