Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A shower of a different kind

Each day I am amazed at the things motherhood has made me capable of. 
I used to tell everyone who would listen that I would be for hugs and snuggles and Don would be for puke.  Because under no circumstances, ever, can I stomach puke.   I will be that mom pushing their child out of the way so she can puke in the toilet after witnessing them puke.  So naturally our children would only get sick when Don is home to tend to them and that was that.
Until ...
One minute I am sitting on the floor, Luke on my lap facing me and playing and the next his little eyes are enormous and filled with panic and I'm getting a puke shower.  The poor pumpkin was looking at me to help him and I was looking around the room for someone to help me lol.
After the initial "I cannot believe that just happened" I found myself holding him on my chest and telling him it was okay and encouraging him to get it out even if it meant all over me again and again and again.
They really aren't kidding when they say it's different when it is your child. 
I am happy to report that after a very long evening of Pedialyte, laundry and snuggles Luke appears to be on the mend. And in the meantime I am loving all the mommy snuggles :)
 Supermom is off to Lysol and Bleach EVERYTHING

1 comment: