We have the best birth mama ... period.
Since Luke is recovering from his 24 hour flu bug he took two amazingly long naps today and I got to spend all 3 hours of one of them chatting with baby girl's birth mama.
This is so new ... exciting ... and wonderful! While Luke's adoption is open we have left the amount of contact up to his birth mother and sadly there hasn't been much. I find myself thinking about her every single day. I hope and pray she is happy and healthy but truth be told it kills me not knowing.
So as you can imagine I am LOVING this! I am loving hearing about her kicks, and the cravings and her heartbeat and just talking life with the unbelievable woman guarding her under her heart.
This brings me to a moment on Facebook today where I read the following post:
"
Has anyone ever felt hatred toward the birth mom. Having one of those days."
I'm sorry ... what?!?!!
I mean ...
nope ...
still what in the ____?!?!!
Never ... never ever no matter what.
Our birth mothers chose life when they didn't have to.
Our birth mothers vomited for days, watched their bodies change, and endured great labor pains when they didn't have to.
Our birth mothers placed their child in our loving home so that together we could be one another's dream come true and they didn't have to.
HOW can you hate that?!
I know not every adoption situation is sunshine and rainbows. I know not every birth mother took care of herself and the child growing inside her during those crucial 9 months. I know not every child lives without lasting effects of those poorly made decisions however it still does not change any of what I listed above. She still chose life and chose you.
Without her you would not have your child and I certainly hope that was not what you were wishing for with the statement posted for all of social media to see today.
The most shocking part? All of the people commenting saying they could relate.
My heart is broken.
Adoption is beautiful ... No.Matter.What
great post! So glad you have such a great outlook :)
ReplyDelete