Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Things that make you go Hmm

One luxury that we do not have is a time lime for our baby to be.  Unlike most parents we don't know how long we have before he/she arrives so it makes planning more difficult.  When do you start asking, answering and addressing the more difficult questions?


Will I work?  How many hours will I work?  What will we do for childcare?  A daycare center or in home daycare?  I mean so many questions!!  Can I just begin by saying there are waiting lists for day cares?!!  I had no idea!  I'm sure the more informed parent population is chuckling at me here but honestly I was clueless.   And as long as we are speaking 'crazy talk' might I also mention some waiting lists are 12 to 15 months?!  If you passed basic math you just mental math'd the fact that you would need to put yourself on the waiting list BEFORE you get pregnant. I have entered an alternate universe where nothing makes sense any longer. 


Will you breastfeed your adopted baby?  Um ... say what?  Apparently I was clueless and uninformed here as well.  It is indeed possible for adoptive mothers to breastfeed.  Now I don't have to tell you about all of the benefits of breastfeeding so naturally I am intrigued.  I know that it was always my plan prior to infertility so the possibility has made me go hmm.  After turning to Google for some guidance here it turns out this too takes planning and commitment prior to baby.  So how to you plan ahead when you have no idea how long it will take to be matched and bring little baby C home?

Since my head is spinning just from writing that! It's time to go say a prayer and put it all in God's hands for now.  Advice is welcome, feel free to leave us a comment!  Night all!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I had no idea that you could induce breastmilk... Weird but cool

    ReplyDelete