Sunday, August 26, 2012

Annivbabymooncation

This weekend we celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary as well as our profile going live to all 3 of the Wisconsin agencies Monday!  EEK big week for us right?  So clearly this requires a celebration.  Since traditional expectant parents are working with a deadline when baby will arrive they can plan their last empty nest vacation (babymoon) to coincide.  We however have no idea how long the match process will take and certainly pray it comes quickly.  So to play it safe we rolled all celebrations into one and went camping!  Yes I am certain that some if not all of you are laughing at the fact that we went camping on our babymoon but we are all practical folks here right?  We are saving for an adoption and as I may have preciously mentioned it's not cheap!  But $12 a night for a campsite sure is :).  No the mattress wasn't memory foam, the floors weren't fancy marble and the closest flushing toilets and showers were a good 3 block walk or so ... but it was remote and relaxing and some really nice together time.  And did I mention we took our labs along too?  While I had hoped to document the adventure better the camera died night one.  HUGE bummer.  We went on a hike to the lake and ran into 3 baby deer, we let the girls swim in lake Michigan and 'jump' the waves, we saw the Nothern lights and took turns beating one another in Rummy while enjoying a few drinks around the campfire.  We even talked about how we would come next year with our baby.  It was all in all a blast and I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Here are a few of the pics I did manage to capture.  Enjoy!
The amazing view from our skylight
Hubby putting the tent up before dark
Bella supervising the tent project
Cassie LOVED camping content to sit by herself and take it all in
The Babymoon Suite (campsite 214)
Smokin hot campfire
Bella is just not a camping dog
 
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend and stay tuned for many exciting adoption and rummage posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment