Monday, October 15, 2012

Angel Babies

While our infertility journey has been full of heartbreak I can say that we have been fortunate in that we have never experienced a loss.  I can only imagine the kind of heartbreak that follows a pregnancy or infant loss.  October is pregnancy and infant loss awareness month and I challenge all of you to participate in the wave of light tonight, October 15th.   Everyone is invited to light a candle at 7pm this evening and keep it burning for one hour.  If everyone participates there will be a wave of light over the entire world this day.  As I sat to reflect on what this means I decided to light a candle for every friend or family member’s angel this year.   Then I began to count and off the top of my head this means I would be lighting 14 candles this evening and burning them for an hour.  I was both shocked and heartbroken by this number.   So this evening from 7 to 8pm I will have 14 candles burning for each angel that has in some way touched my life and in memory of all others as well.  Won’t you join me?  And if you think about it, post a picture of your candle on our Facebook page to help raise awareness for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment