Saturday, October 13, 2012

I am officially that woman

I am officially that adoptive mother who approached a complete stranger after overhearing her phone conversation to tell her we are adopting and she should tell this to the unexpectedly pregnant female on the other end of her conversation that I had no business overhearing.  And I immediately questioned my sanity after.  Yep ... that actually happened and let's start at the beginning.

So it turns out that sitting out in the cold rummaging for two days can actually cause a cold.  Sunday evening into Monday morning was pretty rough and despite trying a hot shower and actually getting dressed for work it just wasn't going to happen.  So I slept in and woke up starving and feeling even worse.  Since, as promised, I began the Whole30 diet Monday, I had no choice but to head to the store.  I pulled back my hair, threw on some over sized sweats and headed to Wal-mart.  Half way through my shopping trip I started really not feeling well.  I quickly evaluated which bathroom was closest and headed to the back of the store.  Good news, bathroom is empty and I'm free to be sick in solitude.  Aaaand then it happened. Someone entered the restroom on the phone and at first I wasn't listening.  But before long the not listening turned into not believing my ears.  On a day I should be at work but was sick, and had no groceries, and chose the rear bathroom, a young woman is telling the person on the other end of her conversation not to panic and they will figure it out.  She is pregnant and unsure of how that fits into her future plans.  I mean there is no way this is actually happening right?  I'm certainly being punked.  So I go to wash my hands and then begin digging through my purse for one of our cards detailing our adoption information.  Wouldn't you know I don't have a single card on me?
 I left the restroom and immediately called hubby to play the 'what would you do' game.  "If I approach her, she's going to think I'm crazy" I told him.  His response?  "The entire process of adoption is a little crazy so go in there and introduce yourself".  So I did just that.  Now I know there is a good chance nothing will come of this but it's moments like these that keep you going.  It felt a little bit like God knew what he was doing when I woke up sick.  A great reminder that I need to trust him more and know that every day we wait is with purpose.  That he has chosen the perfect  birth mother for us and someday we will meet.  Please keep us in your prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment