If you know me you know I LOVE to bake. So far I have been incredibly successful on the Whole30 diet so I can't let baked goods ruin it for me now! Thanks to this recipe I don't have to! These are to die for ... no really. They are better than any banana bread I've ever had ... ever.
Paleo Banana Nut Bread/Muffins (from Rob Wolf)
Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free
Ingredients
- 2 cups almond flour (I substituted 1/4 cup of almond flour for flaxseed meal)
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal (Yes I added another 1/4 cup flaxseed meal totaling 1/2 cup)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 4 bananas (used food processor to puree)
- 2 tbsp honey (I substitute 3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the mashed bananas, eggs, honey, and vanilla and mix well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until combined. Normally with breads or muffin recipes, you don’t want to overmix, but since there’s no gluten here, mix to your heart’s content. The muffins won’t get gummy or icky.
- Fill greased muffin tins, baking cups, mini-loaf pans or big loaf pans about 3/4 full. Bake muffins for 23-25 minutes and loaves for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Honestly ... you will never go back to your old recipe and since they are good for you ... eat until your heart's content! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment