Saturday, October 20, 2012

Jesus Loves Me

Jesus Loves Me is a song that I've known by heart since about the time I was able to talk.  During this agonizing waiting period it's something I don't find myself thinking about nearly often enough.  Deep down we know that God already has our birth mother chosen for us and we need to be patient and trust in him but the day to day waiting is still an enormous challenge.  I have thought about ways I can distract myself to help the time go faster and I decided to pick up a volunteer application for our local children's hospital.  I can't think of a better way to get to spend my time.  As you can imagine they don't let just anyone volunteer when sick children are involved so the application process is quite complex.  During our Friday date night at Chili's I brought out the application to explain my plans to hubby.  I wasn't more then 2 sentences in when he interrupted me saying "DO NOT MOVE".  My mind immediately goes to omg where is the bug?!  After telling me to calm down there is no bug, he pulls out his cell phone and takes a picture.  Now I am incredibly confused.  He turned his phone around to show me and I had goosebumps head to toe.
Even God knows when you need a not so subtle reminder to put your faith in him.  "Jesus looked at them and said With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible” Matthew 19:26.  So here we are, trusting in God and working on our patience :)
 
Speaking of trusting in God ... Grandpa B was called home to the lord last weekend.  We are so very thankful for those precious moments with him in his final days.  He is back with Grandma watching over us from above.  Thank you all for your prayers, he will be missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment