Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thank you is not enough

We completed our last rummage today and this endeavour has been a greater success than I ever imagined possible!  Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined the number of generous individuals who support our dream of starting a family through adoption.  We received countless donations and had so many people come to each rummage I am blown away.  We are that much closer to realizing our dream of parenthood and we have all of you to thank.  We love love love you all! 
My favorite rummage patrons this time around were my mom's little neighbor girls who came over with the $20 their parents had given them.  Instead of buying something fun for themselves they chose to spend the money buying a little something for their parents and each of their siblings.  It was adorable and so heartwarming.  These are the moments we cannot wait to experience as a family with our children.  The best part ... they came back later that afternoon with this:
How sweet :)  I had hoped to touch a lot of strangers and get our story out there during these rummages but what I never expected were the many people that ended up touching my life.  It was a fantastic time with family and friends making memories that will last a lifetime.
In other news I decided to get crafty this weekend.  Between Etsy and Pinterest I have been getting LOTS of ideas for the nursery.  BUT as you know we are on a very restricted budget so I decided that I would attempt them on my own instead of purchasing anything premade.  So Friday evening after I left work I made a trip to the thrift store for some picture frames and the scrapbook store for paper.
At the thrift store I scored these bad boys ...


No getting too attached to these guys.  I am tearing them apart and painting the frames.  Plus I got a giant awful gold framed mirror that I plan to disassemble for another DIY project at a later date.  But all 4 frames were less than $15.  I was a happy camper :)
Now on to the Scrap booking store.  I didn't really have a plan going in but I knew I wanted colors and prints that matched or complimented our nursery scheme.  I decided on these guys ...
My plan was to bring them home and stash them away for a weekend that didn't involve rummaging from sun up to sun down but you know how it goes when you have all these fantastic ideas spinning around in your head and you feel like you might burst if you don't get them out.
TADA!!!
I am SO excited about these!!! I LOVE love love them.  I only had one frame painted so this might not be the final ensemble but I couldn't wait to share them.  At this rate I will want to move into the nursery once it is complete.  I have a lot more projects up my sleeve so stay tuned for the bit by bit reveal.
Lastly I ask for your prayers this upcoming week.  Our grandpa B is in the hospital and we are asking the Lord for his healing hands in a speedy recovery.  

I hope everyone had a blessed weekend and thank you again for all of your support.  We are so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment