I began watching back when my sister was born and before you judge you should know my sister and I are eleven years apart. It was the Stone/Robin, Nurses ball era and I fell in love.
I was in love with the characters and the story lines. Unlike some other soap operas ... ahem, Days of our lives ... there are no demonic possessions and ... no houses being sucked into the earth by evil spirits ... cough Passions. It's about good people with strangely intertwined lives and problems that almost never occur in real life. GH is my unwind every night from 8 to 9 on Soapnet. It's an hour where I can indulge in other fictitious people's fictitious problems and forget about mine :) I'm a BIG fan.
Ironically the current story lines include infertility, adoption, IVF, surrogacy and the heartbreak that goes along with it. It's been nice to be on the outside looking in for a change while laughing at all of their inaccuracies. Oh daytime TV how I appreciate you.
To my fellow GH fans, be you closeted or all the way out with your guilty pleasure, I leave you with this ...
Yes that is me with Jason and yep it really happened.


No comments:
Post a Comment