Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The devil made him do it

It's completely irrational I know. 
But after how violently ill Lucas was on any and all kind of formula I began to refer to the stuff as the devil. 
I saw it demonize my infant first hand. 
So naturally I went straight to breast milk with our second baby and it's been amazing. Until today. 
The dreaded weight check :(
Joshua has grown two inches since his 2 month check up but he has only gained 6 ounces. 
We are stumped. He eats 30 to 36 ounces a day and never spits up. 
The pediatrician strongly advised we add 1 tsp of formula to each bottle to boost his caloric intake. Surprisingly, without hesitation, I agreed. 
It's one teaspoon per 6 ounces of breast milk, Lucas had loads of allergies we didn't know about and this isn't Lucas.  Joshua is not going to have problems on formula. 
First bottle went down awesome. A HUGE relief. Perhaps formula is only Luke's devil. 
Second bottle he fussed a little but nothing terrible. He pooped while eating so I figured that must have been the problem. 
He finished the bottle and I went to change him. 
Lift the legs ... 
Volcano erupts from the other end 
Holy hell that's an insane amount of baby puke. I stood there unsure of my best option here. I mean that's well beyond wiping him up. 
As I grabbed a towel that thankfully the lazy me left in his room after last nights bath, it was like wrapping up a slimy just born babe and heading to the tubby. 
Coincidence? Possibly. 
But for now I'm blaming this one on the devil 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment