As I look around me now I feel like I should pinch myself. It's better than anything I ever imagined!
After a little inspiration from my cousin and fellow mama Heidi I set out to make a wall of art for my littles for the low low price of $0. Possible?? Let's see.
Sadly I didn't start with before pictures as I'm notorious for being too exited to get started.
We had 3 pictures similar to this one and I planned to sacrifice two. I carefully removed the print and glass to leave only the frame. So far $0.
Then I took 2 more frames we already had around the house and planned to paint them black. I was prepared to buy the paint but feeling impatient I headed to the basement to see if we might just have something I could use.
To my delight I found a really old can of black spray paint!! I put down some paper bags in the side sun porch and painted 2 frames.
I then hung all the frames next to the existing chalk board but it wasn't love.
So I took the cardboard backing from the last frame and painted it with the leftover chalk board paint I used on Luke's closer doors. I put the glass in behind the cardboard to support it and then searched for something I draw into the front.
Here's the final product!
This chalkboard from Ikea was already hanging here. It's the perfect place to list Luke's food allergies, store his epi pen and keep all our oils within arms reach.
I hung the frame and then a paper clip we had in the office so I can constantly switch out the kiddos masterpieces.
This frame was purchased back when we were doing our nursery but we ran out of wall space. It's perfect for this project as it will house larger pieces of art work.
I just love how this wall turned out. My kiddos are everywhere and I LOVE it that way.







No comments:
Post a Comment