We got a call from our beautiful birth mama that the doctor was giving her a 50% chance of going into labor in the next 72 hours.
I know, I know ... 50% is only half. But we've walked this whole journey together it just didn't feel right to not be here to support her during labor.
So Luke and I got on a plane!
Since I was flying alone with him and this was his first flight, we made treat bags for the passengers that included ear plugs should things go terribly wrong.
It was a little overwhelming at first but the woman seated behind us was our angel that day. She helped me get situated, offered her phone to Luke to play when he was upset and was just amazing. If you are reading this thank you SO SO much!
Of course he fell asleep 10 minutes before we landed and I had to wake him to get off the plane :/
He was overtired and not happy and I tried everything to passify him. Finally a bottle and blanket and he was asleep.
Good thing because this next flight was delayed by an hour and it was already 9:30pm. At this moment I was really wishing I had treat bags for this next flight.
Somehow when boarding started I was able to get my backpack on, pump over my shoulder, onto the plane, seated and buckled without waking him!
He slept through the first hour and ten minutes of the flight and then that's where the wheels fell off.
Bloody murder SCREAMING and kicking and back arching the last 30 minutes. I was trying everything and sweating in the process.
Most everyone was awesome about it. The flight attendant was sweet enough to tell me he did great and so did I.
When we landed at midnight I was SO thankful to be here.
Stay tuned for the story of the lost phone ...



No comments:
Post a Comment