So we are on the plane in Milwaukee getting ready to close the doors and taxi out to the runway when I think to myself that I need some pictures of his first flight and go to find my phone.
It's nowhere to be found. I'm tearing apart all my carry on luggage and finding nothing.
The sweet flight attendant and angel seated behind me offer to let me use their phone to call it but I knew I had put it on vibrate so the odds of hearing it were slim.
Ring ... ring ... nothing :(
A Southwest employee ran back to the gate and couldn't find it. So they closed up the door to the plane and we were off. Right before we left the same angel seated behind us let me call Don from her phone to tell him mine was missing. He was going to look where we were sitting waiting to board but in the meantime ...
I was flying alone with Lucas on a flight that unfortunately wasn't non-stop and I had no way to contact anyone. Not my husband, not my ride when I got to Dallas ... I cried. Big, giant, panicked crocodile tears. This was not happening.
And of course the devil starts creeping in and suddenly I'm wondering if this is a sign of how the entire trip will go. Will I ever find my phone, can we afford to replace it ... sheesh.
We land in St. Louis after the first leg of the trip and I'm trying to figure out how to use the iPad to contact Don but there was no free wifi.
Just then I begin hearing this faint ping noise. I immediately thought 'no way' and started ripping apart my luggage. I could swear it was coming from my breast pump. But there was nothing in the pockets?
Turns out my phone somehow fell into the actual pump and thanks to my hubby using the Find My iPhone app it had been found!!!
I cried again only this time it was complete relief and tears of joy. Gosh I LOVE my husband!!!
I immediately called to tell him how amazing he is and the trip had been saved!!
Honestly my husband is my rock. Lucas and I are so lucky <3

So glad that you were able to find your phone! Prayers for you :)
ReplyDelete