Monday, January 28, 2013

Rumbly in my Tumbly

Who said making lifestyle changes and eating healthy can't be fun?
Tonight with the help of my sister we made all kinds of healthy snacks and had a blast while doing it.
This Paleo granola is to die for!  Really you have got to try it.  The way it made the house smell while in the oven alone was worth giving it a shot.  If you haven't visited The Whole Family Strong for some great Paleo and Whole30 recipes make sure to check it out.
Of course we needed to make my favorite comfort food.  Banana Nut Muffins!!  I used a mini muffin tin to make them a simple on the go snack. 
The last experiment of the evening was kale chips.  I was really leery on this one as I had only ever used kale in my smoothies before this.  They look a little scary straight out of the oven but I give them 2 thumbs up!  Warning, once you start snacking the batch might not even make it into a bag.   
And to think we still had to make dinner :)
I don't have a picture of our end result since they are only prepped and not cooked yet but dinner this evening are Whole30 approved Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (scroll to bottom of page for recipe).  These are also supper yummy.


I hope you decide to give some of these a try.  What you put into your body is really important and a healthier you begins by making better choices.  Why not begin with snacks and work your way up.
Happy Snacking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment