What have I learned from this experience?
Our son is an absolute complete miracle.
I've always known this but I think I might have lost sight of exactly how miraculous him entering into our family really was. His birth mother is the most amazing person I have ever met in my life, hands down. It has never been more clear to me that not just anyone can make an adoption plan and have the courage and strength to follow through with it. I love her more than I can find words to describe.
He is the light of our lives. Every day he does something new and amazing and we get to be a part of it.
We take the promises we made to her very seriously and work hard every day to make sure Luke knows he is loved and cared for.
We include him in everything we do in an effort to make sure he has the most and the greatest experiences in life.
We go out to eat as a family.
Every single second we have together as a family is precious and part of our adoption promise is to never take that for granted.
It means the world to us that all of you have followed and continue to follow our journey. I can tell you with complete confidence that we are going to be just fine.
Our hearts are strong and our faith is solid. God has great things planned for our family and we hope you will be here to share in them.
Love Don Amanda and Lucas.









No comments:
Post a Comment