He was blessed with all these hand-me-downs and I could hardly decide which one to put him in :)
With a little help from Dad we chose the red top with pirate trunks. He got kinesio taped that morning on his back so we needed a top to try and keep it stuck to his skin. With that I quickly tossed both in his diaper bag with a swim diaper and we left.
He's pretty excited to get in the water here. We kept telling him just a minute buddy and anxiously waited to see what he would think once he was actually in the pool.
That's his sassy little stinker smile
"Dad ... I need to be IN the water not next to it!"
Cruisin' in a circle with his classmates
Get that toy buddy
He splashed his way through the entire lesson that little stinker.
I think it's safe to say he LOVES to swim! We are pretty thankful for this. Without swimming he would have a hard time completing an iron man race with dad one day ;)Now I suppose you are waiting for me to get to the epic fail part right? Here it comes ...
Lessons are over and we are headed back to the family locker room to shower and go home. We worked pretty well as a team getting him in the shower with dad and out of that tight and wet swim top. It's important to wash him right away with his eczema and the chlorinated water. Dad passed him off to me and I put his hooded bath robe on while I got his clothes out.
And that's when it happened.
Impossible ... it has to be impossible that there are NO diapers in the diaper bag right?!?!!!
"I'm sorry Mom but you don't have WHAT?!"
We had used the bag the day before as well as that morning and I guess neither of us checked the diaper count.Now mind you its not like we have the option of just keeping the dirty one on because he was in a swim diaper which was soaked and already rolled up in the trash.
So ... we dressed him with no diaper and wrapped him in the driest part of the towel and had no choice but to take our chances.
Despite all the crazy thoughts of pee all over his car seat and our car seats I am happy to report he made it home bone dry! That's my little rockstar!!
Lesson to be learned? Always ... ALWAYS check the diaper stock before leaving home ;)








No comments:
Post a Comment