Monday, April 15, 2013

The Dumpster Diaries

To my delight this beauty was waiting in my driveway when I arrived home from work last week Friday. 
After 10 days we took that empty dumpster and turned it into this ...
Honestly I swear we gained square footage.  And as promised here are a few highlights from the purge.
The Oldest Item:
The Weirdest Item:
We found this obituary (no one the family can remember knowing) and it turns out I drive right by this house every day on my way to work.  Weird.
Most Embarrassing: 
In our defense they were all running shoes :)
Grossest Item:
Out of respect for my viewers and the deceased I decided not to post a picture for this one.  While cleaning out the garage we found a tiny nest in a drawer of an old workbench that had deceased baby chippers in it.  Sad and pretty gross.
 
This experience was a really great glimpse into the past generations and the 'everything can be fixed so save it' mentality.  We had bent sections of gutters, broken rakes and shovel handles, a suitcase full of random tools, and a wall full of mismatched screws, washers, wall anchors, fuses ... you name it.  Now that both Ray and Lydia have passed I think we felt better about getting rid of some of these scrapable items.

Bonus:
We have a nice rummage collection started in the newly emptied garage.  You guys are the greatest.  Keep the clutter coming!!  We cannot tell you how much we appreciate your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment