I am feeling discouraged and heart broken. It feels like our dreams of parenthood drift further and further away as each day passes. I have been patient God ... I have waited years after my peers began their journeys into parenthood. I have endured Facebook pregnancy announcements by the dozens, I have been to baby showers like it's my part-time job and it seems that the more discouraging my infertility journey becomes the more I become a fertile lucky charm for those around me. Why God, why is this your plan for my life? What am I missing?
I think I have been missing an opportunity to work on my relationship with God. I have been asking for an awful lot while giving nothing in return. No adoration or thanksgiving in my prayers, only petition and I'm not particularly proud of it. But the beauty of our God's grace is that it's never too late.
You must
You must think I'm strong
To give me what I'm going through
Well, forgive me
Forgive me if I'm wrong
But this looks like more than I can do
On my own
I know I'm not strong enough to be
Everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not strong enough
Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord, right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
Strong enough
For the both of us
You must think I'm strong
To give me what I'm going through
Well, forgive me
Forgive me if I'm wrong
But this looks like more than I can do
On my own
I know I'm not strong enough to be
Everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not strong enough
Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord, right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
Strong enough
For the both of us
I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength
And I don't have to be
Strong enough
Strong enough
Through Christ who gives me strength
And I don't have to be
Strong enough
Strong enough

Praying for you and your heart. Let God draw you in and give your pain to Him. Yell at Him, cry out to Him, let Him catch each one of your tears. And at the end of the day when you have no more tears to cry, crawl on His lap and let Him just hold you. He will never leave you, Amanda. He will never forsake you. He is worthy of your trust.
ReplyDeleteI'm here if you need me girl! Hugs, Laura