The final straw was when he told family members not to
attend my wedding, send a card or a gift. Can you imagine?? Your own father telling other family members
not to attend your wedding or even send you a card?! It happened.
And when I received a nasty letter in the mail yesterday after nearly 5
years of not communicating it confirmed that I had in fact made the right decision
for my future.
I have wonderful family members who do support me and who ARE
my biggest cheerleaders because they WANT to be. I have a step-father who is everything I
could have ever asked for in a parent and puts my biological father to shame. If this isn’t a screaming advertisement for
the insignificance of biology and genetics I’m not sure what is.
Some of the most amazing people have come into my life not
through biology but rather through marriage, friendships, partnerships, you
name it.
Our child, the child God has planned for us will also not
enter our lives through any genetic or biologic connection but rather through a
web of love, selflessness, faith and a dash of serendipity. What’s not to love about that?
With that being said we are renewing our commitment to this
journey. We have a few different
options/plans in place to move forward and are excited to share them when the
time is right. There will also be new
baby items available to Etsy very soon, car seat covers, stroller blankets, Baby
Bjorn covers etc.
Thanks for hanging in with us during the lull and stay tuned
for some brighter days J
And lastly … a video
dedication to celebrate almost 5 years since choosing to stand up for myself
and live without my emotional cancer.

No comments:
Post a Comment