Between the last few minutes of the game, the post game commentary and interviews and cracking up over the hilarious related Twitter posts it was hard to concentrate on anything else.
What have we been up to lately?
Our last rummage was not as successful as the first but we expected as much being limited with no signs for advertising. We did however meet lots of great people in our neighborhood and got some excellent history lessons from the original home owners. Our favorite rummage patron was a 91 year old gentleman who bought all of our children's books to donate to recent teaching grads who arrive in their classroom to discover there aren't any books and cannot afford to supply them out of pocket.
How amazing is that?! We kept his contact information in the hopes to round up lots of children's books free of charge to help his cause. What an inspiration :) If you live locally and want to contribute email us!
This past weekend also marked the end of an extended stand off between me and my sewing machine. I have loads of amazing fabric and just as many incomplete projects but for some reason I just could not bring myself to sew anything. So last night I decided enough was enough and here is the result!
So cute right? I am officially inspired again so it's time to keep sewing. In all the free time I have lol. It is an enjoyable way to help pass the time while we wait to hear from the agency. I hope everyone had a fantastic relaxing weekend and that our fellow cheese heads have managed to calm down in the last 24 hours. ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment