It's that time again and I am dreading it. Maybe dreading isn't the word. I am the biggest baby when it comes to getting shots. Blood draws and IVs ... piece of cake! But when the nurse told me I needed my Tdap to complete the adoption physical I couldn't decide whether to burst into tears or find a way to fun out of the clinic while she left the room to get it ... or both. I was that kid that had to be held down by both parents when it came time to get a shot. In fact I would walk around the house with two screaming ear aches and not be able to swallow because I knew the second I told my parents I would be at the pediatrician getting a needle in the arse. Oh did I leave that part out? Not only did my pediatrician prefer to inject all antibiotics so as to not have to rely on the parents to administer them but he also believed in giving them all in the rump. From the sneak attack from behind to the ripping off of the band aid to the sore cheek for a week ... what's not to love right?! So when my recommended course of action now involved a Lupron depot shot once a month for 6 months I freaked. This confused my husband since I have since had to give myself 4 injections in the abdomen for various fertility treatments but allow me to clarify. Those too were a HUGE production and the tiniest subcutaneous needle you've ever seen. This was an intramuscular right in the rump. Instant flash back to being held down in the Panda room ... suddenly sweaty and sick to my stomach. (Are you wondering how I would ever have survived childbirth?) So my surgeon tells me she will have them administer the first shot in the hospital while I'm still out from surgery. PHEW! That only leaves 5 conscious injections. So I wake up from surgery and the nurse says "Now before you leave we need to give you the shot your doctor ordered." WHAT?!?!! Well you read that post and it turned out okay. My first shot in the office on the other hand ... that was a doosy! I still can't sit comfortably and now it's time for number two. So while at work today I get to thinking perhaps I am overreacting. I never saw the shot the past two times so maybe the needle isn't that big. Yep you guessed it ... I googled an image.
Oh my achin' you know what ... Guess I better make sure my big girl pants are clean for tomorrow :P


No comments:
Post a Comment