We made a rather significant lifestyle change when Don decided to take on the challenge of completing an Iron Man triathlon in 2011. We went from buying what looked good or was on sale to shopping the exterior of the store and staying away from boxed or processed foods. We switched as many items as we could afford to organic to try and eliminate the toxins in our bodies. Our typical grocery trip looks like this ...
This meant I needed to really buckle down and use coupons on every other thing possible! I found that Target seems to be the easiest place for me to get the best deals and save more than I spend. This is a fantastic feeling! Target makes it even easier now that you can print coupons from their website and apply a manufacturer and a target coupon to the same item! This weekend was another hugely successful Target trip allowing me to stock up on toilet paper, paper towel, bath and body products among other things. I got a little ahead of myself and put things away so quickly once getting home that I forgot to take a picture for this post. Since I think pictures make blog posts much more interesting I will have to use another successful trip as an example.
I got 13 rolls of paper towel, 12 double rolls of toilet paper, 4 boxes of tissue, 6 packages of on the go tissues, 5 deodorants, 1 container of Charmin wipes, 7 body washes, dog treats, foundation, 32 makeup sponges, 3 razors, 1 shave gel, 1 dish soap, 1 Febreze air effects, jelly beans and 2 mini spray bottles = $54 at Target after coupons!
The money we save on the products we would have bought anyway goes directly to our adoption fund. Happy Couponing! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment