Saturday, September 1, 2012

Intervention Part 3

I was about to title this post Intervention part 2 but it turns out I already wrote a part two so it seems I might be a little out of control when it comes to finding great deals.  In my defense a baby shower is not a given with adoption so I really want to make sure we have everything we need when baby C arrives into our family.
Eleven 8oz bottles, six 4oz bottles, all of the vents, caps, and spill proof tabs along with the cleaning brushes, drying rack, formula mixer and travel size formula holder retails for $110.00, paid $20.  Savings $90!!
4moms mamaRoo which is the coolest baby item yet!  Came with mobile but we likely won't use it. This was highly recommended by some mommy friends and essentially replaces a swing, your car, a rocking chair heck even your arms! And it works for baby too not just Build a Bear :)  Retails for $199, paid $100.  Savings $100!
I know what you are thinking here and no we haven't been matched and don't know that baby C will be a girl but this was a deal too good to pass up.  Ask my mom, she encouraged this purchase.  We got 6 bags (yes bags) full of baby girl clothes sizes newborn to 12 months, a Baby Bjorn, a bouncer (activity bar not pictured), and two activity toys.  The closet wasn't big enough so not everything is pictured and some larger sizes needed to be packed away.  It's near impossible to put a value on all the clothes but I can calculate the other four items, Baby Bjorn $80.00, Kick and Play bouncer $50.00, and both activity toys together are around $100 (cannot find exact matches as these are older models).  Retail total without 6 bags of name brand clothes $230.00, paid $75.00.  Savings of $175.00+!!

Of course we cannot forget about the possibility of baby C being a boy!  Some of these were free hand-me-downs but I did get the pictures below in a single transaction.
I got eleven onesies, six sleep gowns, and twelve one piece sleepers.  If we are pricing them at retail and assuming I didn't get them on sale or clearance, patterned onesies are sold in 5 packs for $26.00 at Kohls.  The name brand sleepers are around $16.00 each and two packs of Carters open bottom sleeper gowns are $20 again at Kohls.  Total Retail price $284.00, paid $22.00. Savings $262.00!
Animal Crackers jumperoo is too cute for words.  The best part?  It has giraffes on it!!  I was able to disassemble it to wash the seat and sanitize all of the toys and it looks brand new!  Retails for $120.00, paid $25.00.  Savings $95.00!!
I know, I know intervention is imminent.  I can't help it because the more you save the more you want to look for another savings score!  The worst part is I have gotten an expecting co-worker addicted now too.  Hey you can't knock a good deal :)
Now back to working in the nursery.  Its REALLY coming along and the giraffe wall decal arrived today resulting in squeals of excitement.  It has been torture waiting for hubby to get home and help me put it up.  Stay tuned for pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment