Sunday, January 1, 2017

We're Back

It has been forever since I have written a blog post.  Probably because most days I can't remember to brush my teeth much less find time to sit down and write ;)
But as the new year approached I found myself sitting at the kitchen table last night contemplating my many resolutions, and blogging to document these priceless moments with my children came to mind.
It was about mid thought when Lucas (our oldest, 3.5) emerged from the basement playroom missing his pants, his underwear and smeared in poop.  No need to adjust your screen, I said poop.  On both hands, smeared down both legs and on his socks.  Potty training is not for the faint of heart.
I called for Dad to clean Lucas while I ventured to our carpeted basement to assess the damage ... again.
Top step ... poop.
Fifth step ... poop
Bottom landing ... poop.
Five steps into the room ... poopy pants and underwear.
Took a deeeeeeeep breath and rouded up the paper towel, plastic bag, enzyme spray, spotbot and some patience.
I began with the spots in the playroom, saving the basement steps for last.  About halfway through I hear the worst noise imaginable at this point.  Somehow Joshua (2) snuck past Don and was currently sliding down the basement stairs on his belly.  Without thinking I began screaming for Don to come get him and my yelling scared poor Joshy causing him to run his now poop covered self back up the carpeted stairs.  You can't make this stuff up folks.
What seemed like hours later I am finally finished cleaning up poo and I go to unplug the spotbot only to notice the carpet is soaking wet.  At first I thought he probably peed because I mean if you're going to poop on the carpet why not pee too, right?
Well unless my son is a camel, this was entirely too much wetness to be pee. In that very moment it occurs to me ... I had been so concentrated on the carpet I never even looked up.
His little poopy finger prints tell the story.
He likely used the dehumidifier to balance himself while removing his underwear and pants, thus tipping it over and dumping a full tank of water all over the carpet.
Sopped up as much water as I could with towels, restarted the dehumidifier, tossed the soaked towels in a hot vinegar wash and gingerly maneuvered up the still damp spot cleaned stairs.
Its a good thing life with 4 under 4 has become routine enough for me to be able to blog again 😉
Oh and just in case you were wondering ... playing with ones poop does in fact give you conjunctivitis. 
Which will inevitably spread to your siblings. 
This is real life people. 
I think maybe we will try underwear again in a month or so.
Stay tuned for more adventures in parenting 😆

No comments:

Post a Comment