Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Cinnamon

A few weeks back Daddy and I had the pleasure of visiting Luke's classroom to make gingerbread houses. 
It was so wonderful to meet his friends and other parents. I often feel like I miss out on this because Luke takes the bus. 
But let's be real. Can you picture me bundling all the kids up, driving to school, unloading them all to walk Luke to his classroom, loading them all back into the car, going home, unloading them, waiting 2ish hours, loading them back into the car, driving to school, unloading them to walk and get Luke from his classroom, loading all 4 back into the car, driving home and unloading back into the house? Four days a week? Yeah me either. 
It's hard to see in this picture but Luke was given a red gummy Santa to finish off his gingerbread house. Mommy knew this was a hot cinnamon Santa but Daddy was unaware. 
One afternoon while I was at the store Luke asked to eat Santa and Daddy said sure! It did not go well. So Daddy and Luke had a talk about how sometimes cinnamon can taste hot and Luke told Mommy all about it when she got home.
 
Fast forward a few days. 

I'm laying in bed with Luke as he falls asleep and the following conversation insues. 

Mommy is my birthday tomorrow?

No buddy your birthday is in Summer when it's hot out. Right now it's pretty cold outside. 

Mommy I have an idea! Let's put some cinnamon outside and then it will be hot out and my birthday! Is that a good idea?

It sure is buddy. It sure is ❤

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment