Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Little big things

Failed adoption is hard and this was our third.  What I was not prepared for was everything that has been said/done since her decision to parent.  Numerous times I have begun drafts pouring my heart out on here in complete disbelief and disgust but every time I find myself with the realization that airing the dirty laundry will only provide cheap and temporary gratification.  And at the end of the day I still won't understand how some people can be so heartless. 
So while I was busy silently losing my faith in humanity there were some pretty special people working overtime to restore it. 
The night we got home from the hospital without Libby had been a scheduled UFC sibling night and we contemplated canceling considering the recent events, however we thought we could sit around alone and feel sorry for ourselves or we could surround ourselves with those who love us instead.  UFC fight night was on.  About thirty minutes before the fight was scheduled to start I received a text from my dear friend Meghan saying she was on her way with beer and brownies.  Gosh I love her.  No can I come over?  Or hey are you busy?  No are you up for some company?  Just I'm coming, like it or not and I'm bringing junk food.  Perfect for someone who loves eating her feelings :)
And then just days later ... perhaps you remember my post nearly a year ago dedicated to my new little friend Audrey?  We only met Audrey and her family through extended family when they reached out wanting to contribute to our rummage fund raiser.  We were touched then and even more so now.  Audrey's awesome momma emailed me saying she had made us dinner and would like to drop it off.  It brought me to tears almost immediately.  And the very next day she was at my doorstep with a delicious spaghetti bake, garlic bread and veggies. 
Just when I knew God was very much alive and people's hearts are very much still good I received yet another beautiful act of kindness.  A package in the mail from a fellow adoptive momma. She sent me some tension tamer tea, two chocolate bars and the sweetest card.  If we are being completely honest, the first chocolate bar didn't make it past reading the card ;)
And just when I thought we had maxed out on unexpected blessings, another friend from back in my high school days contacted us wanting to help.  She is hosting a Norwex adoption fund raiser to help us recover some of the funds we lost through this failed adoption.  Obviously no amount of money can bring back what we lost never getting the opportunity to parent Libby but it can help us be open to and prepared for the possibility to adopt again.  If you aren't familiar with Norwex you should check out their site here.  The products are life changing I promise.
For every cruel and cold hearted person in this world I can tell you from experience there are at least four more with hearts of gold. 
I am beyond thankful for all of the wonderful people in our lives.  We could not have gotten through this the way we have without you.
Thank you, we love you and may God bless you tenfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment