Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Resolve

Resolve – v. re·solved, re·solv·ing, re·solves. v.tr. 1. To make a firm decision about. 2. To cause (a person) to reach a decision
It took me a while to fully appreciate how much power resides in this 7 letter word.  Resolve is the name of the National Infertility Association’s organization aimed at providing information, resources and support to the infertility community.  Whether you decide to resolve to remain childless, tackle infertility treatments or adopt Resolve is there to help. 
I had the blessed opportunity to attend a support group and after a few hours of listening to the other women’s stories I had a completely different outlook on my struggle and its eventual outcome.   For the first time since this struggle began I felt like I am going to be okay no matter the outcome.  There is no way I can begin to explain the value of that feeling and statement.   These women changed my life and I’m not sure I will ever be able to give them the thank you they deserve.  I can see there is light at the end of every tunnel.  The only remaining question is from which tunnel will we surface?
The greatest take away from my first meeting is something I have found myself repeating daily with tears in my eyes.

God would not have made it my heart’s desire to be a mother if he didn’t have a plan in place for my family. 

Well that and now I have people to text when I’ve locked myself in the bathroom at a party sobbing because “surprise” there has been another pregnancy announcement.   (Yes … we do this)

1 comment:

  1. yay! so glad you enjoyed the RESOLVE group!!!! praying, praying, praying!!

    ReplyDelete