Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Saved by the Internet

The Internet: useful in so many ways. 
When you are going through something that most people have a hard time wrapping their head around it helps to blog stalk others in the same situation.  I confess to being an infertility blog stalker.  I have been following a few blogs for some time now as they document their infertility struggles and the journey to building their families. 
Blog stalking connected me with the most fantastic friend all the way down in Texas who is currently in the adoption process herself.  We email, chat and text constantly about life, girl stuff and obviously babies J  In fact I recently got the sweetest package delivery from her for baby C.
 Can you  believe how cute this is?!  It is made with love, a perfect match to our nursery and baby C might have to fight me for it. 
It is crazy to me to think how we got connected and had it been a century earlier we could have gone our whole lives without ever knowing the other existed.  Praise God for the Internet!  Please stop by and check out her blog as well.  She is selling some pretty fantastic adoption merchandise for an amazing cause. 
Most recently during one of my many blog stalking sessions I read a post from a local woman who experienced a successful embryo adoption and it really caught my attention.  I am now calling it the blog post that changed my life.  During her fertility struggles she connected with a local Resolve support group that not only helped her through this struggle but also provided her with some quality lasting friendships.  Um … yes please!  So I emailed her inquiring about this group and it’s as if God anticipated my need before I could even vocalize it myself.  Turns out the group had stopped meeting for some time and was just starting up again … like next week.  Holy smokes J J J  (more to come on that)
I feel like thanking God for the Internet every time I pray is a little strange but what can I say?  I’m thankful.  I am also praying for these two friends as God continues to guide them through their journey to parenthood.  If it’s not too much to ask would you mind adding them to your prayer list as well?  Prayer is a powerful thing J
Back to blog stalking … well maybe not right this second but it’s inevitable … neck and neck with Candy Crush.     

1 comment:

  1. Aw shucks, girl! Thanks for the prayers! So glad God led you to my blog & to the group!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete